Search this site…
Narrator: For Hire
Along with writing, I've also begun narrating audiobooks. You might find one or more of them to be of interest; also, if you are a writer or producer in search of a male voice for your project, feel free to contact me.
Here are the books I've done so far, all available through Audible.com, Amazon.com, and iTunes, who also provide samples:
- House of Zeor, by Jacqueline Lichtenberg
- The first novel in the Sime~Gen universe.
- The Brass Dragon, by Marion Zimmer Bradley
- A space adventure; imagine Heinlein’s Have Space Suit, Will Travel … and then take away the spacesuit!
- The Sword of Aldones, by Marion Zimmer Bradley
- The Hugo-nominated classic novel of Darkover.
- When the Carny Comes to Town, by Elaine Orr
- When one of her friends is brutally attacked during a spring carnival in their seaside New Jersey town, a young divorcée is determined to find out who did it and why.
- Behind the Walls, by Elaine Orr
- Something's hidden behind the walls of the hurricane-damaged house Jolie Gentil just bought. And someone seems willing to kill for it.
Spence’s choice (you’re here; why not read these)…
- Why Story is important to life; why SFF is important to theology
- The advantage of podcast radio: Freberg's dream lives!
- Unguided Evolution vs. Intelligent Design: Paradigm Smackdown!
- The Soul of the 7th Son: Aleph; Beth; Gimel
- 7th Son Sidebar: The Soul of the Palimpsest
- Serenity and faith
- One universe. One GL Corps. One ethics? One could wish.
- On meaning
Among Spence’s published work (see also “About” page)
- "Why the Sea Is Boiling Hot"
- in Tales from the Archives: Collection 7
and individually [The Ministry Shop | Kindle | NOOK | Smashwords | Kobo]
- "The Music of the Spheres"
- in Music of Darkover (Darkover anthology #13) [Paperback | Kindle | NOOK]
- "One Drink Before You Go"
- in Marion Zimmer Bradley's Fantasy Worlds [Hardcover (got $3,500?) | Paperback]
The TREASURES OF ALBION series (with Elisabeth Waters):
- 10 "A Drink of Deadly Wine"
- in Sword and Sorceress 28 [Paperback | Kindle | NOOK]
- 9 "They That Watch"
- in Sword and Sorceress 27 [Paperback | Kindle | NOOK]
- Stories 1–8 collected for Kindle
- Volume 1 (1–4)
Volume 2 (5–8)
- 8 "Truth in the Inward Parts"
in Sword and Sorceress 26 [Paperback | Kindle | NOOK]
- 7 "Inquisition for Blood"
in >Sword and Sorceress 25 [Paperback | Kindle | NOOK]
- 6 "Sceptre of the Ungodly"
in Sword and Sorceress 24 [Paperback | Kindle | NOOK]
- 5 "Daughter of Heaven"
in Sword and Sorceress 23 [Paperback | Kindle | NOOK]
- 4 "Crosswort Puzzle"
in Sword and Sorceress 22 [Paperback | Kindle | NOOK]
- 3 "Pride, Prejudice, and Paranoia" (by M.S.)
in Sword and Sorceress 19 [Paperback]
- 2 "Salt and Sorcery"
in Sword and Sorceress 16 [Paperback]
- 1 "The Blade of Unmaking" (by E.W.)
in Sword and Sorceress 14 [Paperback]
Author Archives: Michael Spence
Just a thought: Assuming that dark skin is a function of melanin content, either microevolution (here, resulting the separation of a species into various cross-fertile subgroups) includes a “use it or lose it” clause or when “birds of a feather … Continue reading
Dawn’s Early Light: A Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences Novel. By Pip Ballantine and Tee Morris. New York: Ace Books, 2014. apoleon Solo and Illya Kuryakin . . . Kelly Robinson and Alexander Scott . . . John Steed and Emma … Continue reading
while back, in a discussion about magic, I referred to Philippa Ballantine’s marvelous New Zealand novel Weather Child, in which magic is done by a team of a human and a symbiont called a seraphim who dwells within the human … Continue reading
WHEN FACING CATASTROPHE DON’T ASK, “WHY?” INSTEAD ASK YOURSELF: “WHAT SHALL I DO NEXT?” IN ANSWERING THAT YOU’LL ALSO ANSWER THE “WHY” “Burma-Shave.”
[Note: For full effect, imagine the above proclaimed by Robin Williams at his most boisterous. Thank you.] o answer those of you who observed that 2012 has been absent from these [pages], we offer the following explanation: Many things actually … Continue reading
y which I mean Lisa Waters’ and my story “Truth in the Inward Parts”1 in Marion Zimmer Bradley’s Sword and Sorceress XXVI, just released by Norilana Books and available in print and for Kindle. It’s the latest story in our … Continue reading
Since the time of Rimon Farris, atrocities have been committed upon us to keep us from attaining our goals. To the roll of martyrs, the name of Feleho, who of his own free will became Ambrov to Zeor, is added. … Continue reading
If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences. With such an honest and inflexible … Continue reading
THIS IS NOT YOUR FATHERS’KINGDOM OF GOD (Yes, the apostrophe is deliberately placed.)