Search this site…
Narrator: For Hire
Along with writing, I've also begun narrating audiobooks. You might find one or more of them to be of interest; also, if you are a writer or producer in search of a male voice for your project, feel free to contact me.
Here are the books I've done so far, all available through Audible.com, Amazon.com, and iTunes, who also provide samples:
- House of Zeor, by Jacqueline Lichtenberg
- The first novel in the Sime~Gen universe.
- The Brass Dragon, by Marion Zimmer Bradley
- A space adventure; imagine Heinlein’s Have Space Suit, Will Travel … and then take away the spacesuit!
- The Sword of Aldones, by Marion Zimmer Bradley
- The Hugo-nominated classic novel of Darkover.
- When the Carny Comes to Town, by Elaine Orr
- When one of her friends is brutally attacked during a spring carnival in their seaside New Jersey town, a young divorcée is determined to find out who did it and why.
- Behind the Walls, by Elaine Orr
- Something's hidden behind the walls of the hurricane-damaged house Jolie Gentil just bought. And someone seems willing to kill for it.
Spence’s choice (you’re here; why not read these)…
- Why Story is important to life; why SFF is important to theology
- The advantage of podcast radio: Freberg's dream lives!
- Unguided Evolution vs. Intelligent Design: Paradigm Smackdown!
- The Soul of the 7th Son: Aleph; Beth; Gimel
- 7th Son Sidebar: The Soul of the Palimpsest
- Serenity and faith
- One universe. One GL Corps. One ethics? One could wish.
- On meaning
Among Spence’s published work (see also “About” page)
- "Why the Sea Is Boiling Hot"
- in Tales from the Archives: Collection 7
and individually [The Ministry Shop | Kindle | NOOK | Smashwords | Kobo]
- "The Music of the Spheres"
- in Music of Darkover (Darkover anthology #13) [Paperback | Kindle | NOOK]
- "One Drink Before You Go"
- in Marion Zimmer Bradley's Fantasy Worlds [Hardcover (got $3,500?) | Paperback]
The TREASURES OF ALBION series (with Elisabeth Waters):
- 10 "A Drink of Deadly Wine"
- in Sword and Sorceress 28 [Paperback | Kindle | NOOK]
- 9 "They That Watch"
- in Sword and Sorceress 27 [Paperback | Kindle | NOOK]
- Stories 1–8 collected for Kindle
- Volume 1 (1–4)
Volume 2 (5–8)
- 8 "Truth in the Inward Parts"
in Sword and Sorceress 26 [Paperback | Kindle | NOOK]
- 7 "Inquisition for Blood"
in >Sword and Sorceress 25 [Paperback | Kindle | NOOK]
- 6 "Sceptre of the Ungodly"
in Sword and Sorceress 24 [Paperback | Kindle | NOOK]
- 5 "Daughter of Heaven"
in Sword and Sorceress 23 [Paperback | Kindle | NOOK]
- 4 "Crosswort Puzzle"
in Sword and Sorceress 22 [Paperback | Kindle | NOOK]
- 3 "Pride, Prejudice, and Paranoia" (by M.S.)
in Sword and Sorceress 19 [Paperback]
- 2 "Salt and Sorcery"
in Sword and Sorceress 16 [Paperback]
- 1 "The Blade of Unmaking" (by E.W.)
in Sword and Sorceress 14 [Paperback]
Category Archives: General
Signpost: The Gospel According to Matthew
THIS IS NOT YOUR FATHERS’KINGDOM OF GOD (Yes, the apostrophe is deliberately placed.)
Posted in General, Leaven-line, Signposts, Theology 2 Comments
If you’re at Balticon 44, come say hello!
For years I’ve wanted to attend Balticon, a convention held Memorial Day weekend in Baltimore, Maryland, and reputed to have the best New Media track of all current conventions (thanks to the hard work of Paul A. Fischer and his … Continue reading
Posted in General, Podcasting, SFF: People, SFF: Writings Leave a comment
Signpost: The Book of Galatians
STOP TRYING TO BE A KID AGAIN
Posted in General, Leaven-line, Signposts, Theology Tagged Bible, Galatians, signpost Leave a comment
Signpost: The Book of Job
WHEN LIFE HURTS KNOWING WHO TRUMPS KNOWING WHY
Posted in General, Leaven-line, Signposts, Theology Tagged Bible, Job, signpost 2 Comments
Let’s help a most deserving family: Tee Morris and Sonic Boom
Awhile back I identified Tee Morris as a “servant-leader” in the world of podcasting and new media.1 One quality of a servant-leader is that he or she earns our respect and obedience by setting an example of dedication — not … Continue reading
Posted in General, Podcasting, SFF: People Tagged leader, Natalie Morris, P.G. Holyfield, Philippa Ballantine, Podcasting, Rich Sigfrit, servant, Sonic Boom, Tee Morris 1 Comment
A blessed Christmas(time) to you all!
erry Christmas to you and yours, from all of us here at the Scriptorium! Whichever holidays you choose to celebrate, we hope that you find this a time of peace — and that you will come to know the Creator … Continue reading
Posted in General Leave a comment
Signpost: The Book of Ecclesiastes
BEEN THERE DONE THAT SO YOU DON’T HAVE TO
Posted in General, Leaven-line, Signposts Tagged Bible, Ecclesiastes, signpost 2 Comments
About the “prime directive”
In his parting words Jesus said, “You shall be my witnesses.” He did not say, “Over there are two truckloads of rocks, boys. You know what to do.”
Posted in General, Leaven-line Leave a comment
It’s a Movie Mantra!
Awhile back I was privileged to read Movie Mantra number 64 for the estimable Martyn Darkly, and it’s apparently getting some buzz. Here’s the link. Martyn takes lines from memorable films (or memorable lines from not-so-memorable films) and presents them … Continue reading
Posted in General Leave a comment
The Podcast Repertory Theater 2008–9, part 3: MURDER AT AVEDON HILL
Philippa Ballantine: Gloria Platt, mother of the deceased P.G. Holyfield: Arames Kragen, detective; Arrin Perti, student; et al. Chris Lester: [Not in this production] Tee Morris: Father Jorrus, undead-hunter Web site: http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/ It’s all in the game All four of … Continue reading
Posted in General, Podcasting, SFF: Writings 6 Comments