Search this site…
Narrator: For Hire
Along with writing, I've also begun narrating audiobooks. You might find one or more of them to be of interest; also, if you are a writer or producer in search of a male voice for your project, feel free to contact me.
Here are the books I've done so far, all available through Audible.com, Amazon.com, and iTunes, who also provide samples:
- House of Zeor, by Jacqueline Lichtenberg
- The first novel in the Sime~Gen universe.
- The Brass Dragon, by Marion Zimmer Bradley
- A space adventure; imagine Heinlein’s Have Space Suit, Will Travel … and then take away the spacesuit!
- The Sword of Aldones, by Marion Zimmer Bradley
- The Hugo-nominated classic novel of Darkover.
- When the Carny Comes to Town, by Elaine Orr
- When one of her friends is brutally attacked during a spring carnival in their seaside New Jersey town, a young divorcée is determined to find out who did it and why.
- Behind the Walls, by Elaine Orr
- Something's hidden behind the walls of the hurricane-damaged house Jolie Gentil just bought. And someone seems willing to kill for it.
Spence’s choice (you’re here; why not read these)…
- Why Story is important to life; why SFF is important to theology
- The advantage of podcast radio: Freberg's dream lives!
- Unguided Evolution vs. Intelligent Design: Paradigm Smackdown!
- The Soul of the 7th Son: Aleph; Beth; Gimel
- 7th Son Sidebar: The Soul of the Palimpsest
- Serenity and faith
- One universe. One GL Corps. One ethics? One could wish.
- On meaning
Among Spence’s published work (see also “About” page)
- "Why the Sea Is Boiling Hot"
- in Tales from the Archives: Collection 7
and individually [The Ministry Shop | Kindle | NOOK | Smashwords | Kobo]
- "The Music of the Spheres"
- in Music of Darkover (Darkover anthology #13) [Paperback | Kindle | NOOK]
- "One Drink Before You Go"
- in Marion Zimmer Bradley's Fantasy Worlds [Hardcover (got $3,500?) | Paperback]
The TREASURES OF ALBION series (with Elisabeth Waters):
- 10 "A Drink of Deadly Wine"
- in Sword and Sorceress 28 [Paperback | Kindle | NOOK]
- 9 "They That Watch"
- in Sword and Sorceress 27 [Paperback | Kindle | NOOK]
- Stories 1–8 collected for Kindle
- Volume 1 (1–4)
Volume 2 (5–8)
- 8 "Truth in the Inward Parts"
in Sword and Sorceress 26 [Paperback | Kindle | NOOK]
- 7 "Inquisition for Blood"
in >Sword and Sorceress 25 [Paperback | Kindle | NOOK]
- 6 "Sceptre of the Ungodly"
in Sword and Sorceress 24 [Paperback | Kindle | NOOK]
- 5 "Daughter of Heaven"
in Sword and Sorceress 23 [Paperback | Kindle | NOOK]
- 4 "Crosswort Puzzle"
in Sword and Sorceress 22 [Paperback | Kindle | NOOK]
- 3 "Pride, Prejudice, and Paranoia" (by M.S.)
in Sword and Sorceress 19 [Paperback]
- 2 "Salt and Sorcery"
in Sword and Sorceress 16 [Paperback]
- 1 "The Blade of Unmaking" (by E.W.)
in Sword and Sorceress 14 [Paperback]
Author Archives: Michael Spence
Sometimes the calendar makes strange demands on us. In this case, it requires that we present the following press release “out of order,” as it were; but then, we’re dealing not only with two good books and two fine authors, … Continue reading
Clerk’s Log, MJDate 54611.9: The following is my pitch to the Parsec nominating committee on behalf of Chris Lester’s story “Huntress,” part of his Metamor City Podcast.
You can imagine many uses for podcasts if you try: company during commutes (my own favorite), occupation of the mind during chiefly physical tasks such as washing dishes, even (apologies to many authors) insomnia treatments. Here’s one I hadn’t considered. … Continue reading
For those of you who wondered how soon I’d make it into print again…
You remember how, when Israel crossed over the dried-up Jordan, Joshua had the Israelites take twelve large rocks from the center of the riverbed to build a monument to the event at their first encampment (Joshua 4:1-9). Have you remembered … Continue reading
…can get you into so much trouble with the fairer sex. “My eyes are up here, buddy.” “Yes indeed, but the unusual words/drawings are down there.“
If you’re here because you heard Jason Rennie’s interview with me in “Sci Phi Show Outcast #59,”1 (thank you, Jason) or my “7th Son Episode 17: The Story So Far” reading (thanks, Hutch!), you might still be wondering what’s going … Continue reading
It wasn’t to be, alas. As I noted earlier, the quality of the other nominees is superb, and I’m not surprised to have been blown out of the water by such excellent pieces as Matt Wallace’s thoughtful “No World for … Continue reading
It’s time for the second annual Parsec Awards for excellence in podcasting, which will be given out at Dragon*Con in Atlanta, Georgia (31 August–3 September 2007). Two of my short pieces have been nominated and will be considered by the … Continue reading
Clerk’s log, MJDate 54262.0: Scott’s gracious comment on a previous article reminded me of something remarkable that happened this past February. Let me tell you about it. Every so often someone comes along and completely changes your perspective on a … Continue reading