Search this site…
Narrator: For Hire
Along with writing, I've also begun narrating audiobooks. You might find one or more of them to be of interest; also, if you are a writer or producer in search of a male voice for your project, feel free to contact me.
Here are the books I've done so far, all available through Audible.com, Amazon.com, and iTunes, who also provide samples:
- House of Zeor, by Jacqueline Lichtenberg
- The first novel in the Sime~Gen universe.
- The Brass Dragon, by Marion Zimmer Bradley
- A space adventure; imagine Heinlein’s Have Space Suit, Will Travel … and then take away the spacesuit!
- The Sword of Aldones, by Marion Zimmer Bradley
- The Hugo-nominated classic novel of Darkover.
- When the Carny Comes to Town, by Elaine Orr
- When one of her friends is brutally attacked during a spring carnival in their seaside New Jersey town, a young divorcée is determined to find out who did it and why.
- Behind the Walls, by Elaine Orr
- Something's hidden behind the walls of the hurricane-damaged house Jolie Gentil just bought. And someone seems willing to kill for it.
Spence’s choice (you’re here; why not read these)…
- Why Story is important to life; why SFF is important to theology
- The advantage of podcast radio: Freberg's dream lives!
- Unguided Evolution vs. Intelligent Design: Paradigm Smackdown!
- The Soul of the 7th Son: Aleph; Beth; Gimel
- 7th Son Sidebar: The Soul of the Palimpsest
- Serenity and faith
- One universe. One GL Corps. One ethics? One could wish.
- On meaning
Among Spence’s published work (see also “About” page)
- "Why the Sea Is Boiling Hot"
- in Tales from the Archives: Collection 7
and individually [The Ministry Shop | Kindle | NOOK | Smashwords | Kobo]
- "The Music of the Spheres"
- in Music of Darkover (Darkover anthology #13) [Paperback | Kindle | NOOK]
- "One Drink Before You Go"
- in Marion Zimmer Bradley's Fantasy Worlds [Hardcover (got $3,500?) | Paperback]
The TREASURES OF ALBION series (with Elisabeth Waters):
- 10 "A Drink of Deadly Wine"
- in Sword and Sorceress 28 [Paperback | Kindle | NOOK]
- 9 "They That Watch"
- in Sword and Sorceress 27 [Paperback | Kindle | NOOK]
- Stories 1–8 collected for Kindle
- Volume 1 (1–4)
Volume 2 (5–8)
- 8 "Truth in the Inward Parts"
in Sword and Sorceress 26 [Paperback | Kindle | NOOK]
- 7 "Inquisition for Blood"
in >Sword and Sorceress 25 [Paperback | Kindle | NOOK]
- 6 "Sceptre of the Ungodly"
in Sword and Sorceress 24 [Paperback | Kindle | NOOK]
- 5 "Daughter of Heaven"
in Sword and Sorceress 23 [Paperback | Kindle | NOOK]
- 4 "Crosswort Puzzle"
in Sword and Sorceress 22 [Paperback | Kindle | NOOK]
- 3 "Pride, Prejudice, and Paranoia" (by M.S.)
in Sword and Sorceress 19 [Paperback]
- 2 "Salt and Sorcery"
in Sword and Sorceress 16 [Paperback]
- 1 "The Blade of Unmaking" (by E.W.)
in Sword and Sorceress 14 [Paperback]
Category Archives: SFF: Writings
[Continued from Part Aleph. You can find the podcast thriller 7th Son, read by author J. C. Hutchins, at www.jchutchins.net and Podiobooks.com — and I can assure you that it moves a heckuva lot faster than what you’ll read below. … Continue reading
How entertainment doth mirror society! Or, The future isn’t what it used to be. Or, It’s amazing how the aliens we’ve never met have changed over the last half-century. This past Sunday, The Sci Phi Show featured an interview with … Continue reading
nybody here remember radio?” That was the question satirist Stan Freberg asked the audience in an auditorium one night in 1966.
If you want to see a good example of an SFF novel that slips in philosophical issues without whacking you upside the head with them, check out 7th Son, by J.C. Hutchins.
“One Drink Before You Go” just received a Fictionwise Recommendation: Michael Spence’s “One Drink Before You Go” is an ancient tale as current in appeal as it is age-old. Another gem from Marion Zimmer Bradley’s Fantasy Worlds.” — Eugen Bacon, … Continue reading
There was, for a while, a nicely-done television series on Friday nights in the USA entitled Threshold, about a quasi-invasion strategy being implemented by extraterrestrials, and the “homeworld security” task force that was working to foil it. The extraterrestrials’ tool … Continue reading
There’s power in the ’verse — and the verse is Revelation 3:15 (Note: Fear not — I hate spoilers as much as you do, and if I’ve done this right there aren’t any here.) One person with a belief is … Continue reading
Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing. — Salvador Dali Would that I knew the context of this line, found in many quotation lists. In isolation it’s a good thought, enough so that I’m willing to risk … Continue reading
What you care about is the ships — and mine’s the nicest.— Kaywinnit Lee “Kaylee” Frye . . . and it was to have hit the screen today at A Theater Near You. But ’twas not to be, alas; the … Continue reading